Monday 21 December 2009

The Route Across India...

In Aid of
Hi All,

Well here is the first of details that I will be posting over the next few weeks about the trip that I will be taking across India In January 2010. This is the 3rd and final part of my Tri-Dangerthon and I can't believe what I year I have had with this and the fact that India is now only 1 month away!
Below is a map of the route that we will be taking over the 12 days of riding. We will be covering 2,500km on varied terrain. Some days we could be riding for up to 10 hours + and I just hope and pray that the little Royal Enfield's that we will be riding, hold out. The reason that these bikes have been chosen for the trip is that they are still built brand new in India today to the same design that they were when they were originally built in England back in the early 1900's. In fact, Royal Enfield built there first motorcyle in Redditch, Worcestershire in 1901 and they have been built continously until this day. This makes Royal Enfield the oldest motorcycle company in the world and the Royal Enfield Bullet (the bike that we will be riding) the longest production run model.
Of course and as always we don't want to forget the reasons why I'm doing this, so here are the links for you to check out the charities that I'm raising for -

Downs Syndrome Association / Unicef / Rainbow Childrens Charity / WCS

Please, please check out those links they are well worth looking at and then scroll down to any of the donate buttons throughout this blog to make your contribution. Thank You, it is very much appreciated.


click on image to enlarge

So that's the route and I'll be posting further details in the run up to the trip. I also hope to post at the end of each day while I'm out there, so that you can see how we're getting on and hear all about our challenges as they happen.

That's it for this time. I will be back between Christmas and New Year so all that leaves me to say is .....

Have a very Merry Christmas, eat, drink and be merry!!

Best wishes

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment